Hard And Long
Even though free rehab does not exist, there are publicly funded facilities that are availed for those individuals who are looking for intense support and demonstrating adequate will and motivation to success at recovery. There are unfortunately a lot of hoops to jump through while funding is very limited.
If you decide to follow this recourse, you will typically spend some time in community-based treatment prior to gaining admission to rehabilitation. The reason is to make sure that you're adequately stable in your alcohol or drug use prior to getting referred to rehabilitation and to evaluate your enthusiasm to achieve success.
It is important to keep in mind that the process is lengthy and convoluted and immediate access is not possible in this regard. You will have to go to many interviews and have a lot of persistence, as we will show you below.
Port of Call are unable to speed up this process, however we're glad to assist you to locate rehabilitation services in your local neighbourhood.
The Process Of Accessing NHS Rehab
- You are to go through a stringent and tough process which calls for serious commitment and determination.
- This process is most commonly very similar, but it can be different based on the area you reside in
- You'll be required to schedule a meeting with your regional drug or alcohol services
- You'll be given a key worker who'll complete a preliminary evaluation of your suitability for rehabilitation and to find out if you require a detoxification
- Going through an assessment conducted by local authorities, local drug service officials or a social services manager who are checking to see if you meet the eligibility standards for inpatient treatment in your area
- The rehab facility also requires you to sit for an interview with them so as to assess you before they can accept you
- Drug services and local authority will at this point work to get funds for your rehab
- You keyworker will suggest you on suitable options and timescales if the detox is required first and your detox arrangements will be coordinated with your start date for rehab
- When the financing arrangements and commencement dates as well as detox is done where necessary, you can the proceed to rehab.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Free Outpatient Services From NHS
There are numerous services offered at NHS for people with an alcohol or substance misuse problem.