Learning Of Holistic Therapy
Overcoming a drug addiction can be challenging. However, by making healthy changes to the lifestyle which can complement conventional methods of treatment people can indeed beat the addiction with holistic therapies.
Holistic therapies work together with the usual drug treatment methods and are non-medical approaches to recovery. The objective of holistic recovery is to bring the mind, body and the spirit into an alignment.
Treatment centres that are offering holistic therapy make use of exercise, meditation and nutrition in order to help people overcome their addiction.
The techniques of holistic medicine concentrate on the general person's health through traditional physical treatment of addiction is also present.
Some holistic therapies used are
- Tai chi
- Meditation with guide
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual therapy
- Scheduled exercises
- Proper nutrition
- The methods of art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Overcoming Drug Dependency Using Holistic Therapy
Holistic therapy focuses on an individual at a time and does not involve medical methods to help the patient. Areas of treatment include the physical symptoms of addiction, emotional disturbances, and nutritional discrepancies.
Holistic therapy can help a recovering addict by dealing with any potential obstacles such as lack of sleep, poor diet and emotional stress. The needs of the individual guide the plans for the holistic therapy that is used.
Among goals of holistic medicine are the following
- Identifying the underlying causes of the addiction
- Strengthening the resistance to cravings
- Promoting physical fitness
- Boosting the self-esteem of the person
- Changing the person's perspective about the drugs
Kinds Of Holistic Methods In Addiction Treatment
Mid reflections to keeping the body in shape are some of the things involved in holistic therapy.
Some Holistic therapies include
- Nutritional Therapy
- Well-being is an essential condition of successful recovery of an addict.
- Embarking on a healthy diet helps the addicted patient start on the recovery journey.
- It is not too late to start taking a good nutrition.
- Use Of Exercises and Recreational Activities
- When exercises are done every day, they help harden to labour, decrease tension and make the body more powerful.
- Most holistic centres consider exercise as an important aspect on the treatment.
- There are different exercises one can take depending on which ones fit them.
- Meditation Drills
- An uncluttered mind is essential to fight addiction.
- Supervised meditation is an integral section of most holistic plans for addiction treatment.
- A number of centres are also offering yoga, and tai chi has meditative practices to help inpatient residents increase their focus and clarity to the mind.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- Holistic treatment therapies often use methods of relieving stress and relaxing the body and massage is known to be a great stress reliever.
- If one has been using the drugs for sometime, stimulation of the acupoints is another effective way of overcoming the addiction.
Traditional addiction treatment methods which are most effective are used by holistic recovery programs that took forward to build up on them. Quitting alcohol and other central nervous system (CNS) depressants can produce severe withdrawal symptoms that need professional medical supervision.
Holistic therapy may be used at the same time as
- Medically supervised detox
- All-inclusive medical treatment
- Personal psychological support
Most of recovering patients as well participate in groups of 12-step program (e.g. Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous) to get psychological assistance.
Find A Holistic Treatment Centre Providing Therapy For Addiction
Holistic treatment is featured in many residential and outpatient treatment centres. The philosophy behind holistic therapy is simple. It aims to locate and maintain a balance in all aspects of life and is compatible with various addiction treatment methods. Cognitive-behavioural therapy combines well with meditation and yoga sessions which can provide help for recovering addicts to manage stress levels. Knowing what to do during an emotional moment helps in assisting the patient not to go to the solace of drug or alcohol.
Holistic therapy can be important in treating addiction no matter how severe as long as these therapies are paired with key conventional treatment methods. There are many treatment facilities all over the nation offering individualized treatment plans.
We can help you to find a treatment centre that offers what you need so give us a call today on 0800 246 1509.