Learning Of Experimential Therapy
Traditional therapy settings may be very uncomfortable for some recovering drug users. The subject of addiction treatment is viewed differently by experimential therapy, which takes the treatment into the outdoors, the art studio and various other locations.
Experimential Therapy involves getting recovering drug users to engage in activities that can help them to deal with traumatic events in their pasts.
The regular environment of a therapist may be difficult to some addicts and they don't find it easy to talk. Experimential therapies put recuperating addicts in situations where they feel great, for example, the outside or in a workmanship or music studio.
Experimential therapy makes use of non-traditional methods in the treatment to assist the addicts in working through their repressed feelings and emotions.
Some of the Common Experimential Therapies Include the Following
- Ropes courses
- Therapy through music
- Wilderness therapy
- Recreation therapy
- Adventure based counselling
The purpose of this therapy is to encourage patients to deal with emotions that may have been buried by helping them to develop a stronger connection with their inner selves. Offering a different method to confront these emotions than taking drugs is the purpose of experimential therapy.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Helping Addiction With The Use Of Experimential Therapy
Proceedings that are physically taxing such as mountain climbing and trekking aid to encourage real life troubles for recuperating users to defeat. The recovering addicts we get an opportunity to learn to cope with everyday stressors such as cravings and substance abuse triggers with the help of experimential therapy.
Experimential therapy has additionally demonstrated compelling in treating many clutters that co-happen with fixation. It's much easier to avoid a relapse if the other mental health problems are treated together with the addiction.
Experimential Therapy Methods
Amid an experimential therapy session, advisors manage recuperating addicts through a few treatment works out, custom fitted to their particular treatment needs.
Recuperating addicts might be less watched amid experimential therapy, taking into consideration more exact patient assessments for advisors and mental mending for addicts.
Co-occurring Mental Disorders For Experimential Therapy Treatments Include
- OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Eating disorders
- PTSD or Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
Other Treatments With Experimential Therapy
Experimential therapy combines well with other techniques of psychotherapy, including motivational enhancement therapy and cognitive-behavioural therapy in order to concentrate on changing any self-destructive behaviours. Experimential therapy offers the addicts a place to apply the social skills they have learned during typical therapy.
Any treatment program should start with medically supervised detoxification because withdrawal symptoms can be both painful and dangerous. Inpatient and outpatient recovery programs can both withdrawal symptoms during the detox. Experimential therapy together with other therapies can thereafter be used to treat psychological withdrawal symptoms and other mental health conditions.
Experimential therapy is regularly utilized nearby customary recovery systems to make an extensive treatment program for recouping addicts.
Experimential Therapy Usually Includes
- Equine Assisted Learning
- Equine-helped psychotherapy (EAP) incorporates the utilization of steeds amid remedial recuperation works out.
- Patients are not required to ride the horses during EAP. However, they will groom, feed, harness and walk the horses throughout the session.
- They hidden emotions will reveal during these bonding activities with the horses.
- Identifying and dealing with the damaging emotions that the addicts many not even know they have is what Equine-assisted psychotherapy aid to do to the addicts.
- EMDR or Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing
- The process of EMDR involves going through certain eye movements guided by a therapist while one visualizes an event in their past that caused them some trauma.
- EMDR has proven as an effective method in helping addicts going through the recovery process to alleviate any negative emotions and feelings of distress, which can lead to substance abuse.
- Adventure Based Therapy
- The practice of outdoors sports is the focus of this therapy.
- Sports like hiking, climbing and water rafting are practiced in groups so the adventure therapy helps the patients to learn social skills like communication, teamwork and responsibility so they can get better from their traumas.
- Art Therapy
- Music and art allow the addicts to show their thoughts and feelings so they can heal, this is how art therapy works.
- Art therapy offers the addicts an effective way to release the negative feelings through the creation of artistic work.
Receive The Best Treatment For You
If you are having problems with substance abuse, give us a call to find you an addiction treatment program. Climbing and artwork are part of the programs in some rehab clinics that used experimential therapy. Rehabilitation facilities throughout the nation hold professional and restorative supplies you require to defeat substance dependency call us on 0800 246 1509.