FAQs Regarding Addiction Rehabilitation
Admitting a dependency and pledging to attend a rehabilitation programme can be challenging initial steps on the road to recovery. The unknown is scary and a lot of people worry about how going to rehab till affect the rest of their lives. Majority of the questions you may want to ask about the addiction rehab process have their answers given below.
The more learning you have about fixation recovery, including what's new when entering a treatment program, the period of time you may spend in the program and expenses related with the program, the simpler your voyage to recuperation can be.
What Is Addiction Rehabilitation?
For people struggling with addiction, rehabs treatment programs are designed to help. Recovery can help addicts progress in the direction of a solid, cheerful and calm way of life.
What Recovery Treatment Entails
Treatments in the addiction rehabs are custom made for the personal need of each patient. The actual treatment will use a variety of procedures including blood cleansing (detoxifying), peer or individual counselling sessions, avoiding setback instructions, and maintenance after the rehab to make sure one remains sober.
- Detox Any successful recovery programme must start with detoxing the blood of drugs. The body cleanses itself of the substance's toxic effects during detoxification. While the detox experience will shift enormously in light of the particular sort and recurrence of substance utilized, numerous substance withdrawal disorders can be repulsive, if not unsafe. The discomfort and risks of detoxing can be alleviated in a medically supervised program.
- Therapy For Drug Addiction After the detox process, numerous behavioural therapeutic interventions are carried out in rehab. In rehabilitation, an individual takes part in one-on-one and/group therapy sessions to identify and deal with the underlying reasons of his/her dependency. The recovering addicts also learn to tell what leads them to take the drugs, how to avoid those risks in order not to revert to addiction.
- Follow Up Care As an individual proceeds with the recovery, and approaches the end of a rehabilitation treatment programme, the employees will work together with the individual to devise a suitable plan for aftercare. When the need arises, sober living plans, ongoing therapy and the use of support groups may be applied here.
What Is The Duration Of Rehabilitation?
There isn't a set timeframe that applies to everybody with regards to restoration. Several rehabilitation facilities provide a 30-day programme. But prolonged treatment programs like 60 day, 90 day or longer term residential treatment or inpatient treatment programs to ensure unbroken recovery may be the best for some people. When figuring out how long an individual's treatment should be, a rehab specialist will consider how long the addiction has been going on and how sever it is, what drugs were used, whether or not there are coexisting medical, mental, or behavioural problems, and the holistic needs of the individual, including physical, mental, emotional, cultural, social, and spiritual aspects.
According to reliable sources, an extended sober period is easily achieved by people who undergo treatment for three months of more. With extended programs, there is enough time to train on sober living behaviours, and also the chance to concentrate on the core causes and actions building up to the addiction.
Does Rehab Cure Addiction?
While there is no real cure for addiction, it can be managed effectively. No matter how long the rehab programme lasts, the addiction to drugs and alcohol does not end with it. Recovery is a continuing process for the rest of one's life. Getting educated on how to live your day to day life without alcohol and drug consumption with serious efforts is the best way to handle addiction.
Addiction Rehabilitation Vs Addiction Recovery
During rehab, patients are taught how to get over the intense yearnings for drug and overcome the desire and threats of setback. People will also learn how to handle daily struggles when recovering from addiction and how to cope with situations or people that may have added to or worsened their drug abuse in the first place.
To live long without the substance, the recovery may include continuous counselling in a group or as individual as well as participation in the twelve step recovery programme or group therapy. Some people in recovery find that other tasks and activities can help support their ongoing recovery. Such extra activities may be in the form of meditation, yoga, exercise, or art and many others.
There are different types of after treatment care, depending on the treatment programs, while some of them will sit down with the patient to design one before the completion of treatment, in the bid to ensure total healing. And, according to reliable studies, less situations of relapse are witnessed when prolonged aftercare is given.
What Happens When One Relapses
Relapse should always be regarded as one of the stumbling blocks to be uprooted in the bid to defeat addiction completely, and not as a failure. Relapse offers the chance review the situation and to adopt a system that will guarantee the needed assistance in the bid to achieve total healing.
Countless people who are battling with dependency stay more than once in a rehab before they can establish their secure position on their road to recovery. You are the only one who can control your dependency, and rehabilitation will assist you to get the required expertise to stay sober.
How Much Will Rehabilitation Cost?
The costs of addiction rehabilitation programs are differ. There are those who provide five-star treatment to their patients and end up charging more to cover the extra amenities, staff and so on.
An inpatient treatment facility will cost more than an outpatient one to cover the costs of monitoring, meals, therapy, accommodation and extra activities. The outpatient facilities offer different types of programs - such as group or personal counselling sessions every week, intensive outpatient programs, and free meetings of support groups that are properly organised.
The cost of rehab could be affected by such factors like
- Facilities available - Services may include special gourmet diets, private accommodation, animal-assisted therapy, alternative medicine, massage, and yoga.
- Length of program - The duration of each program is very essential in determining the cost of the programme. The duration of time that is advisable for your long term treatment will be deliberated on with your counsellor when you are being accepted into the programme.
- The location - The traditional treatment centres are cheaper than the luxurious facilities. Transport to the venue may also be an item cost in the bill.
- Kind of Program - An inpatient programme will frequently be more expensive than an outpatient programme as patients stay at the centre, which has medical and treatment specialists who work there at all times.
Rehab Costs Vs Addiction Costs
It is always essential for you to have the "costs" of addiction in mind whenever you start thinking about the amount you will spend on rehab. Fixation can be exorbitant due to
- Buying the drugs
- Loss of efficiency at work
- Legal fines
- Medical bills for possible coexisting issues that are associated with the addiction
Addiction "costs" clients in different ways as well, extending from the crumbling of connections to general despondency and weakness.
Is Insurance Welcomed?
Most rehabilitation programs do take insurance. Despite that, agreeableness of protection will differ as indicated by the specific facility. You are advised to cross check your plan before you sign into any rehab program because yours may cover only a limited part of the programme you are getting into.
However, you can deliberate on some other available payment systems with the facility if your insurance is not acceptable. Some other financial plans and sliding scale payment systems that reduce the burden of one-off payments may be offered by the program or facility.
Would It Be Advisable For Me To Get Addiction Treatment Locally Or Away?
A lot of people travel to a rehab away from their home for treatment. This is advantageous at times on the grounds that it expels clients from their home surroundings where they misuse drugs or liquor.
An away facility offers a distraction-free environment where they can focus on getting better without having to fight temptations at work, home or company.
To avoid running through a long distance every day, getting a facility near your home for outpatient treatment is advised. Responsibilities at home and work may not allow for one to attend an away rehab programme, so a local one will take care of the headache of making everything work out.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Should I Choose Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment?
There is a difference between outpatient and inpatient facilities - including how intense the treatment is, the costs, support system offered during healing, and the entire environment.
Inpatient Addiction Rehab
Inpatient facilities are staffed by addiction professionals 24 hours a day. Clinic based inpatient administrations have restorative staff available in all circumstances, while most private recoveries will give intermittent services from healthcare experts, when required. Both these types of inpatient centres call for a patient to reside at the centre itself.
An inpatient program allows the patients to fully immerse themselves in recovery and treatment with 24 hour care. As a patient is taken away from the stress of his/her everyday life, he/she is frequently better equipped to deal with his/her addiction problem.
A rehabilitation programme can cover group therapy, one-on-one therapy, medication-assisted treatment, and corresponding therapies like outdoor activities, meditation and animal-assisted therapy.
Inpatient rehab centres are always sought by people who suffer some co-occurring mental and health issues, multiple substance abuse and chronic addictions. It might also be a great resource for individuals who have completed previous rehabilitation attempts (either outpatient or inpatient) and have in the meantime relapsed.
Outpatient Rehab Treatment Facilities
An outpatient centre enables a patient to come for therapy, treatment, and further services and then go back to his/her home when the treatment session has been completed. Those attending outpatient treatments can continue with other responsibilities like work, school while attending therapy sessions. People with mild addiction, or at the onset of a substance abuse and those with home and work commitments they cannot get away from are best suited for this type of arrangement.
Outpatient projects can change. While some of them may offer an hour or two of treatment each day, others may include sessions that cover the entire day. Outpatient treatment is usually less expensive than inpatient care because there are fewer amenities and fewer hours to staff for direct care. There is no need for patients to pay for the 24 hour care because they can get home after treatment each day. Numerous protection arrangements may cover a few or the greater part of the cost.
Contact us right away at 0800 246 1509 to chat about your options and learn more about what sets these two addiction treatment forms apart. Our rehab placements representatives can answer your questions to help you figure out what rehab fits best with you and your needs.
Can I Get Fired For Going To Addiction Rehabilitation?
You might be worried that you will lose your job if you go to rehab, but you might be more likely to lose your job if you continue on with your addiction and don't get help. Your employer may already have a tip-off about your situation if you are suffering addiction to substances. By dodging addiction assistance, your battle may finally become clear as the effects of your drug abuse could cause your work performance to decrease.
While there are several laws that protect your right to get treatment, using any substances at work is legal grounds for termination. Your employer would be breaking the law were he to terminate your contract because you are looking for help for the addiction.
How Do I Get Time Off Of Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
Several inpatient programmes demand that you take some time off at your work. Though, there are various options than can make this process easier. Some of these options are
- Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP) Most employers offer an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) where the employee is provided free, confidential evaluations, some initial counselling and recommendations to rehab facilities.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Most employers will give you up to 12 weeks of time off under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which grants you unpaid time off with no effects to your health insurance coverage to seek medical treatment that affects your ability to work. Addiction falls in this classification, so it could be valuable to comprehend what your organization offers.
- Paid Time Off Another choice is to use any vacation, sick, or personal time to get the time away from work to go to rehab.
- Executive Rehabs If you have a lot of work demands and have to stay actively involved in your job, executive rehab centres can help you stay involved at work while attending an inpatient rehab in a luxurious, 24 hour care facility.
- Outpatient Programs Finally, an outpatient programme offers another possibility for treatment for any person who cannot take time away from his/her work or home and who might require a more cost-effective option than an executive rehab. Those battling with serious compulsion or backslide issues, in any case, would be very much served in scanning for private treatment alternatives that can offer more escalated 24-hour attention.
Methods of treating addiction as a staff are numerous, and they will definitely make your life, your job, and your health better.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Plush rehab facilities are more equipped, and in better surroundings and environment as compared with conventional rehab centres. These are frequently situated in isolated spots, so a patient is given maximum privacy during his/her treatment. Innovative recovery therapies, gourmet meals from trained cooks, adventure therapies and a holistic treatment programme are offered in luxury rehab centres.
High state officials, big names plus other public figures regularly pick luxury rehabilitation for the elite pleasantries, confidentiality and the probability that they will be among their companions, yet anybody may go to these sorts of programs if the expenses can be secured through insurance, out-of-pocket instalments or a blend thereof.
How Can I Locate An Addiction Rehabilitation Programme?
To locate the correct addiction rehabilitation programme can feel overwhelming, though assistance is available to give answers to whichever additional questions you might have. If you are having a hard time deciding what kind of program is right for you or a loved one, call us at 0800 246 1509 to talk to a rehab placement representative to discuss rehab and recovery options further.