The Cost Of Rehabilitation Explained
The cost of drug and alcohol rehab depends on the needs of the addicted person. You will find a treatment schedule that will fit your income.
It may vary from rehab to rehab. You will be given some services free while other treatments may costs you a couple of thousand of pounds daily. Treatment offers to suit your budget are also available.
If you know what type of resources will help you for treatment as the rehab is easily available. Furthermore, there are people that can assist you finding a method to pay for a medical care.
Financial help like insurance and financial choices are offered by rehabs.
In order to take care of the expense of addiction treatment, the insurance is the most general method. The quantity insurance covers rely on the backup plan and what the health supplier acknowledges.
These are the types of insurance which cover addiction treatment
- State-financed health insurance
- Private insurance
- Military insurance
Even though not everybody has insurance, there are still methods to enter addiction treatment. Free treatment centres and rehabs that focus on low income individuals are available. Find other rehab centres which gives financing options. Most free rehab centres have waiting lists and limited funding, therefore a finance option may be a better option.
For people without insurance there are a host of rehab centres that offer finance options.
A few people can feel anxious to have debt, however rehab is an investment. Overtime it is beneficial. Sobriety provides the public with mechanisms to get their life and career on path. Recently recovered user do not spend more on drugs or liquor because they save more.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Costs And Types Of Rehab Centres
The treatment plans your rehab centre offers you will determine how much you will need to spend to recover.
Furthermore, the types of medical care are distinct for some addictions.
Services and medical concern are some factors that impact on cost of rehab.
Give us a call on 0800 246 1509 today.
A study on some rehabilitation centres, revealed the following costs for the stated treatments
- Total outpatient detox treatment may cost between £800 - £1200.
- Detox is usually included in the inpatient treatment plan.
- The drug addiction in question and whether or not the detoxification is part of residential treatment will determine how much the detoxification will cost.
- Elements with risky detoxification effects need more cautious monitoring, which could make the cost increase.
- Inpatient Rehab
- Treatment centres are charging around £4800 for a month.
- Other more popular rehab facilities may charge £16,120 a month.
- The average cost of a 60 - 90 day rehab is £9700 - £48,300.
- Outpatient Rehab
- Outpatient programs for weak to average addictions are more economical than inpatient rehabilitations.
- The charge may be just £4,000 for 90 days.
- Hazelden Betty Ford is the type of outpatient treatment program which cost £8000.
- The frequency and duration of the visits will determine how much the treatment will cost.
- The price of treatment will also vary depending on the kind of medication being provided.
- Depending on the addiction, medication may not be necessary to someone.
- People addicted to alcohol and depressants usually require treatment with medicines.
- In a given year, the cost of these medications can be in the thousands of pounds.
- An example is the total needed for Methadone treatment for Heroin addiction for a year amounts to £4000.
Addiction And The Costs
In coming years, rehab will be cheaper overall than the drugs and liquor. Drug use can have a negative effect on your earnings since a person using drugs is more likely not to go to work compared to a person who is clean.
The costs of drugs and alcohol, lack of work and health problems all add up to a strain on finances.
It has been reported that former Heroin addicts could spend tens of thousands of pounds.
An alcoholic that drinks about 12-pack per day regularly for a year waste more than £8500. The legitimate issues that charge more thousands are not included in this cost. It is very difficult to guess the cost of illicit drug addiction, however it can be more expensive.
The financial problems caused by dependency is only the beginning of troubles. Your health, relationships and your life are also on the line.
What Will Determine The Cost Of Treatment
When coming up with the expense of treatment, many things have to be taken into account. Some of the factors include
- Type Of Center
- Whether you want to go to an inpatient or outpatient program, the cost difference can be staggering.
- Since the expenses of housing and intensive medical care are costly, the price tag of inpatient programs are more expensive.
- The location of the centre and the duration of the programs also affects the cost.
- Areas that have a high cost of living compared to others, treatment there will also cost more.
- Available Treatment
- At the beginning of rehab, most of the addicts don't need a medical detox.
- Less monitoring is needed for people in rehab coming off Cocaine as they do not experience dangerous withdrawal symptoms.
- However, there are serious dangers when withdrawing from alcohol and Heroin and medication is usually necessary.
- More treatment will require more money.
- The cost of treatment can also go up depending on other treatments such as counselling.
- There will be additional charges depending on the kind of amenities offered.
- Extra facilities for rehab may include Yoga, massage, acupuncture, swimming pools, tennis courts and professional chefs.
- Luxury rehab will be more exclusive as the rich and famous are often patients.
- Rehab at a luxury centre will cost a lot more.
- Most rehab centres are not that expensive but the extra facilities can bring the price up.
State Funded Or Non Profit Making Centres
There are some not-for-profit organizations that provide treatment centres for people with low incomes. Low income rehab centres are either free or at a low reduced cost. These centres are there so everyone can afford rehab.
One such non-profit organizations offering free treatment at their centres is the Salvation Army. For low-income people, there are state-funded rehabs also.
How To Start
It is important that you find a rehabilitation centre that can cater to your needs once you decide to kick your addiction. Do not be discouraged by the charges you see at the rehab centres. If you need to find a treatment centre that offers affordable financing options or accepts insurance, we can help you to find one.